Buy Now (From $710)
The Gaastra Pure windsurfing sail is a no compromise, dedicated freestyle sail from Gaastra, replacing the highly successful Echo LE sail line, it has already proved itself with both the men’s and women’s PWA world freestyle titles. The PURE is now a reference for any freestyle sail, having built its reputation through the years. Gaastra was originally founded in 1897 and Gaastra Windsurfing has been a top designer of windsurfing gear since 1980.
The Gaastra Pure sail (From $710) is built with Gaastra’s trademark radial panel layout and monofilm which gives the sail a more direct character it gives. Gaastra uses a Dacron Luff panel based on testing showing that it’s the best option for smooth feeling and neutrality. This sail has four battens with a compact boom length and high cut foot. The Gaastra Pure sail has large monofilm panels, with X-Ply re-enforcements in the foot, to offer the best compromise between durability and lightweight.
This sail is newly designed tack fairing, softer and more user friendly. New head and clew fairings give additional protection of those exposed areas of the sail. It feels very lightweight and perfectly balanced and it also stands out with a unique color scheme and graphics on the sail.
The Pure rigs on a 400 mast and sets with a tighter leech, and it performs at its best in lighter, less powered up conditions.
The Pure will suit any dedicated freestyler, regardless of level. It makes all moves feel easy and this gives you heaps of confidence to push yourself even further and explore what’s possible.
- DACRON LUFF PANEL: for softer, smoother feeling and maximum neutrality.
- Radial Panel Layout 3G: improved layout for perfect and locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
- 3D EVA mast protector: New design, more user friendly, much easier to handle for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- 3D mast head protector: for maximum shock- absorbing and minimal weight
- Ultimate lightweight construction: provides light weight performance with durability
- High clew design & Higher aspect ratio: makes this sail easy to maneuver in all conditions